Monday, November 10, 2008

Hazard Oriented Vision (HOV) Safety Ride - 8 Nov 2008

Ah! At last, I attended the HOV session. I missed the 2 previous sessions due to work commitments.

The session started at 9am at Ulu Pandan Community Club. Wah, this was actually the first time that HOV is being conducted at a CC. Nice environment though...

It started with Endlessloop answering our queries we have on safety checks and things like proper lane changing, tyres, etc.

All of us listening to the master earnestly...


What was really helpful for me was the part when Endlessloop shared about the art of lane changing on expressways - looking for pockets of space and leaving a safety cocoon for myself. In the past, I felt that I was constantly tailgated on the expressways. But after I adopted Endlessloop's method, I find myself relaxing and enjoying my ride even more!

This is what he drew on the board... Kudos for that!


We can't be just listening to the theory only, right? And you are right! We proceeded to the public roads to put into practice what we have listened during the theoretical session.

The start of the practical session... This is me at the front! :)


And Endlessloop leading the way on the public roads...




Overall, I found the session very helpful and it has certainly made me more aware about my surroundings as I ride on the roads. I hope that the HOV will be organized on a larger scale so that more people can benefit from the session! I hope that I can contribute to this as I gain more riding experience.



All photos courtesy of our Goldwing rider, Victor Tan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next course that you might wanna check out is Bukit Batok Driving Centre's Defensive Driving/Riding Courses.

http://www.bbdc.sg/bbdc/xl/XL200_lite/advanced_defensive.asp

The Emergency braking techniques (ABS/Non-ABS) & Controlling a skidding vehicle segment is very fun!