Friday, June 13, 2008

First Step towards my motorcycle dream

Why does a lady want to even bother to learn how to ride a motorcycle in the first place? Well, here's the answer to the question.. I've always wanted to learn how to ride a motorcycle ever since I saw the movie, The Matrix Reloaded. I was intrigued with the great chase scene in the movie with Trinity riding a stylish Ducati 996! She was so cool and stylish on the bike! Gosh, how I wish I could be like her!


However, I just didn't have the guts to. Why was that so? I didn't know how to cycle at all!!

I was determined to start with the first step of getting closer to my motorcycle dream. That is... to learn how to cycle. Believe it or not, I started learning how to cycle only at the age of 21. Never mind, there is this saying... It's never too late to start learning.


I desperately wanted to learn how to cycle. Some of my friends tried all kinds of methods to tea
ch me how to cycle, but to no avail. In the midst of it all, I fell down countless times and my knees were bruised so badly that I couldn't walk properly.

I decided to seek professional help in learning how to cycle painlessly. At first, I didn't know how to start. Thanks to the Internet, I was able to locate this cycling instructor who gives cycling lessons for beginners. I was all the more spurred on to sign up for the beginners' cycling course after reading these terms.


I signed up for the cycling course in mid-September 2006.

True enough, my instructor Edmund Lee delivered on his promises. After the first lesson, I was able to balance the bicycle! By the end of the course (4 lessons), I was able to execute U-turns and maneuver through obstacles!


After I completed my course, I purchased my 1st mountain bike and practiced for about 2 months. I cycled around Singapore as a practice.

This is the epitome of success with a photo of myself and my cycling instructor, Edmund Lee.


After I was able to do that, I started a new chapter in my life. I signed up for Class 2B course in November 2006.

As in the wise words of Benjamin Franklin, "Well done, is better than well said".


From that moment on, my 2-wheel adventure began.


============================================================
Hon Kah Trading
Address: Blk 4, Queens Road, #02-109 (Off Farrer Road), Singapore 260004
Edmund Lee (Cycling Instructor) HP: 9005 5062
============================================================

No comments: